I know that is not how the Scripture goes, but I have been contemplating the interesting dynamic that happens when friends hurt friends.
I have a tendency to retreat when hurt. To put up a wall and hide behind it. I just wonder where the line is between continuous extended grace and letting someone walk out of your life because it hurts to much to be their friend. But then, what if that friend is also family? My dad always says, "you can choose your friends, but God chose your family"
I know we are supposed to guard our hearts always, but then aren't we supposed to share in our burdens? Guarding our hearts means, to me, being careful who you open up to and what you share, but what if a pain or trial I am going through needs to be heard by someone else who is struggling with the same?
I keep reminding myself that hurt people, hurt people. That makes it easier to not lash out when the hurt comes, makes it easier to feel pity and replace the anger with love.
But does this excuse it? Make the hurt any less? Make it easier to trust that person or people as a whole?
Then I wonder, how much do I hurt my friends?
I posted this blog because I truly would like your wisdom. I truly am struggling with this.
Salutations Jennys 1117 nashville
3 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment