Thursday, February 25, 2010

My Bucket Concert List

About a year ago someone asked me where I would travel if I could travel anywhere in the world with money being no object. At the time I said I would love to go back to Nepal and India and go backpacking. That trip almost killed me ( high altitude + high altitude + ingesting only rice, peanut butter and trail mix for a month + my out of shape self = dead Mindy). It was so worth it though and I would go back in a heartbeat. I would generally love a tour of all Asian countries.

I would also love to tour all of the World War 2 sites in Europe. This trip would only be fun with my geeky intelligent husband who is full of miscellaneous World War 2 Trivia. He's almost finished a 4 inch thick, small print book called " The rise and fall of the third Reich".

But neither of those trips top my number one "travel before I die" list. For years I have been compiling a list in my head of all of the bands and artists I would love to see live. I have decided the ultimate thing to do if money was no object would be to travel to see each of the bands and artists on my list. No matter how long it takes. It would be cool to dedicate a year or 2 to just that! I also figured my blog would be a good place to post my list. I can add to it and cross off names ( I do hope to see some of these bands sometime in the near future!):

U2 ( many of you have seen them recently- dont rub it in)
Sting ( and if the Police ever tour again- I am not missing it again)
Ozzy ( not a huge fan, but it would be cool to be able to say " I have seen Ozzy in concert"
Rolling Stones
Nichole Nordeman
Dave Matthews ( Only at Red Rocks)
Muse ( a friend saw them at the Ryman and said it was the best live show she had ever seen- and she is in the music industry)
The Damnwells
Augustana
Bon Jovi
The Eagles
Keith Urban
George Strait ( again- but only if it was a greatest hits type concert)
Ryan Adams (Lets just call Mandy Moore.... Yoko)
Sarah McLachlan
Pearl Jam ( used to have a huge crush on Eddie)
Tom Petty
Watermark
The Kinks (I know I know... probably not a reality)
BB King (again, just so I could say I have seen him)

Im sure over time I will add more. Thats really it for now.....

0 comments:

 

The Little Bird Chronicles | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates