Sunday, May 18, 2008

Foods and other eating lessons

I did learn one thing about eating right already. If I let my blood sugar get to low, I don't feel so well. The results are nausea instead of headaches and crankiness. I also realized that when I wake up first thing in the morning, I am STARVING. I have never been much of a breakfast person, i guess I have to be now.
My bosses are always teasing me because I am always snacking on something, and nine times out of ten its healthy. I think the best way to combat this pregnancy food issue is to constantly be snacking on something small and healthy. Which is fine, because if you know me you know I pretty much eat healthy, with the occasional sonic run or chocolate attack.
I also cannot buy into the "eating for 2 "rule in the sense of eating more. I only need an extra 300 to 500 calories a day, not double what I usually eat. You wouldn't know it by the Orlando's spaghetti and salad I ate yesterday!

It was pretty heartbreaking to realize I cant eat goat cheese anymore. For me, goat cheese is almost up there with chocolate. Apparently since its not a pasteurized cheese the risks of listeriosis is to high? This also applies to feta, brie, camembert and a whole list of yummy cheeses that I am mourning. From now on its just cheddar, mozzerela and muenster ( the only other cheeses I like). It makes me thankful that I went to market street 2 weeks ago and ordered that HUGE goat cheese, artichoke heart, and pesto pizza. Got my one last bite of heaven for a while.

There are some pretty yummy things on my "to eat" list though:
Spinach
Strawberries
yogurt
whole grain snacks
broccoli
oranges
Milk
Cottage cheese
Beef

I love ALL of those things! Seriously!
I'm still a little nervous about beef though. Ill just be real honest, it makes me unbearably constipated. No matter how much fiber I eat with it, It doesn't seem to make a difference. But junior needs the iron and protein so I am going to find a way to make it work.
Milk is another one that perplexes me. I used to LOVE to drink milk. I would drink 3 to 4 glasses a day. Now, not so much. But its another thing I may have to sacrifice and just do for the sake of junior. Maybe if I add a dollop of chocolate syrup it will make it bearable.

SO I am going grocery shopping today for all of my healthy yummy foods.

PS Notice I said " junior" I am hoping for a boy, but Justin is hoping for a girl. I think everyone else is hoping for a girl to. Linda, Elaine, Amanda and Lauren all want me to have a girl.

0 comments:

 

The Little Bird Chronicles | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates