Our little 7 or 8 month old English pointer has proven to us yet again that pointers are super smart! She picked up sit pretty easily right after we got her. She also knows that "box" means to go into her crate, which she does happily. But it took her a little longer to pick up "shake". Justin has been working with her for several months and all she seems to want to do is chew his hand. Then as if a light switched on in her little head she shook! Last night Justin had her do it several times for me, then she did it for me several times.
Her reward was not a yummy doggie treat but a big fluffy pillow for her to curl up on. She has needed one for a while and Wallgreens of all places had them on sale for $10 this week.
Im going to try to post a video of her tricks later on, then you can all see how smart she really is!
On a different note... do you ever have something happen that is sort of a blow to your pride? I had something happen like that yesterday. I'm REALLY trying to be an adult about it, but I just wanna stop my feet and roll on the floor crying about the world injustices. In the long run it doesn't matter. I mean I thought something was going to happen and now its not, but realistically it doesn't really affect me so much that it is even life altering. It just made me feel about 2 inches tall. Its just something I am going to have to get over though........
I dont know why I felt the need to post that on the blog, I guess we can all relate to being put in your place!
Salutations Jennys 1117 nashville
3 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment