About a week ago I set myself some goals to try and live my life more on purpose. I would say I had about a 50% success rate for the first week. Thats not to bad for week one.
Goal 1.
I did have my alarm set for 6:30 am and was out of bed 6:45 most days. A vast improvement from my 7 am scrambles to get in the shower! Yet as I write this I remember that I haven't even put my eye makeup on... the result of a 7 am scramble!
Goal for this next week: Set my alarm for 6:30 and actually get up at 6:30... no snooze button!
Goal 2. I would say goals 2 and 3 are way more of a success than goal 1. I found myself doing laundry Thursday night, which meant I sat down on the couch to fold laundry right at 8 pm. I picked up my remote and clicked on the TV just in time for friends to start. YAY! Friends will always win when there are 2 shows battling for my attention. I didn't even bat an eye at missing greys!
Saturday night we were in Fort Worth visiting the in laws ( whom I dearly love!). My mother in law and sister in law and I found ourselves with nothing to do while the men watched the Tech game ( that I would have watched if It were just me). They found out I had never seen the sex and the city movie and that we should watch it on pay per view after dinner. Well dinner ran over, the dishes had to get done and everyone was tired by the time the movie came on. Jesus was watching out for me when no one wanted to stay up to watch the movie.
The only downside to ALL of these is that I have more time that my brain is not numbed or asleep. Jesus has definitely used this opportunity to speak to me and show me my need for him even more. He has shown me areas that I desperately need a savior to save me from my self and my sin. Areas like my marriage and finances where I have fallen short of what he has for me.
I will be getting a few days of solitude this week. I hope that I am diligent enough to take advantage of this time to hear from Jesus and that I don't avoid him in the quiet!
Salutations Jennys 1117 nashville
3 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment