A situation came up this week that brought to my attention that I was cowering to someone. I was not myself around this person... because frankly... they make me quake in my shoes.
I had this mantra going through my head yesterday:
Just because someone has more money, doesn't make them better
Just because someone has more expensive clothes, doesn't make them dress better
Just because someone has body language that would cower the Hulk, doesn't make them more powerful.
And none of the these things mean I have to be unhappy and lose my confidence in who I am. Especially who I am in Christ and who he has made me to be. He has made me fearfully and wonderfully, and is saddened when I lose confidence in HIS handiwork. Yesterday I went through a list of things with Justin I SHOULD be thankful for.
I have the best husband ever
I have a house that I get to personalize ( that's a great spin on.... it needs a lot of work)
I have a great family on all sides.
I have Wonderful friends who come out of the woodwork when I need them.
Jesus made me quirky and built me to NOT take things seriously if, in the grand scheme of things, it doesn't matter (This drives a lot of people crazy sometimes)
Sometimes I lack the filter necessary for normal social rules. I say what I am thinking... and regret it, but also enjoy others reactions.
The heart of what I was doing is whats called the fear of man. It is sin.
Hebrews 10:35-39 (New International Version)
35So do not throw away your confidence; it will be richly rewarded. 36You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what he has promised. 37For in just a very little while,
"He who is coming will come and will not delay.
38But my righteous one[a] will live by faith.
And if he shrinks back,
I will not be pleased with him."[b] 39But we are not of those who shrink back and are destroyed, but of those who believe and are saved.
That scripture also applies to some other areas of my life, and was given to me by a dear friend. It seems that Jesus has something to say to me. :)
Salutations Jennys 1117 nashville
3 years ago
1 comments:
Good post! I get to feeling like that a lot of times too. In response to your last post, if I were a millionaire, I would pay off debts, give a chunk to my family, adopt some babies, buy a farm, and eat at Orlandos every day. (:
Post a Comment