The day my whole life changed!
I was working at the local christian bookstore in Fredericksburg, when a friend and local youth pastor called me wondering if I could help chaperon a lock in he had planned for that weekend for his kids. apparently, he had people signed up to chaperon, but they all came down with the flu!
I got there kind of early to help set up, but also got there at the same time as the band he had hired to lead worship for the night. I helped hold the door open as they unloaded their equipment and specifically remember feeling like I got sucker punched when I looked at the bald guy hauling in drum equipment.
I ignored him MOST of the night, but also caught myself watching him... thinking "there is something different and special about him". I remember us taking the kids to play mini golf and the band tagging along. Paige ( the youth pastor) asked me to be in charge of the video camera while we were out. Im sure he watched the video later and thought "hmmm there sure is a lot of video of the band on here".
I probably would have been more open and... flirtatious, but I was dating someone else at the time. At the end of the night I exchanged emails with the band... or really just the drummer, to discuss "music business".. yeah right.
We exchanged an email or 2 before the end of the year, but before it got to out of hand, I knew I had to tell him I had a boyfriend. I remember the exact moment I hit send on the email. I was house sitting for a friend and was using their computer. I remember thinking " I really dont want to tell him I have a boyfriend, I should just break up with this other guy", but I knew I had to be honorable and blameless.
I moved to Lubbock in January to be closer to "that guy that I knew I didnt want to marry" and we broke up weeks later.....
Sometime around March the drummer and I got back in touch, I told him I had broken up with the boyfriend, but nothing happened.
I celebrated my 21st birthday that March. I dont remember much from the night, but I do remember talking to ... Justin on AIM and PROPOSING while in a alcohol induced fog!
I also remember him celebrating his birthday ( not his 21st ) in a similar manner. I remember he called me after consuming to much banana rum and telling me " If you make it to where I dont throw up, I swear I'll marry you" ( I guess we both subconsciously knew). For the record he did throw up, so much he burst the capillaries in his eyes!
In May, I just happened to be going back to Fredericksburg to visit my dad on memorial day weekend, and he just happened to be playing at Paige's church that weekend. We spent most of Sunday together, walking main street and eating ice cream, and I think by the end of that day, knew we had something special.
He came through Lubbock 2 weeks later with the band. We decided then that we needed to start dating.
In August I met his parents, and on New Years day, 2005 he proposed on the beach in Corpus!
June 4th, 2005 we got married, at the same church we met in.
I look back over the last 4 years and see what we have been through and wonder where God will take us. Our first year was the hardest just for the simple fact we were poor and lived in a house with no doors to close us off for personal time.
Our second year was a blast and our third was filled with sadness and tragedy. My hope is that year 4 is filled with joy as we travel a new road together.... Ill add to this blog later. I just wanted to blog something special for the day I married my best friend.
Love you hubsband (I meant to misspell)
Salutations Jennys 1117 nashville
3 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment