Thursday, October 8, 2009

General Update

There is a lot going on in the Lentz Household!

Harper is just 12 weeks away. Hopefully not much sooner than that though! She is growing fast and very very active. It makes me smile at how active she is and wonder what her little personality will be like.

We have begun childbirth 101 classes. Its a 4 week class at UMC covering all of the basics of childbirth. Its VERY interesting and educational. I have learned so much about anatomy and how things will work once we get there. Some of it kindof scared me. My body will do things it has never done before! I just keep reminding myself that this is what God built me to do and with His help and strength I can do this! Justin is being wonderful during these classes. Very helpful to me and participates in the conversations.

It is so wonderful to see the father side of Justin coming out. It is a side no one else has ever seen and I get to see parts of it no one will ever get to see. He is going to be such a great dad and I realize more and more every day that he and I were meant to do the "parenting" thing together. He balances out my weak points so well!

We had our Austin shower. It was overwhelming in a wonderful heart warming way to see everyone. It was also overwhelming to me that loved ones would take the time, effort and money to help us provide for our little girl. We could not do it all on our own at all. I feel so grateful and unworthy!

Our next shower is November 1 here in Lubbock. Invitations will be going out very soon, so keep an eye out!

One of my co-workers wives called me today to ask if she could hold a baby shower luncheon for our office. I won't lie- I cried a little after hanging up with her. Its such a thoughtful gesture that I, again, feel unworthy of! That will be the Monday prior to Thanksgiving at their house!

We are starting bathroom demolition this weekend! This is exciting to me! Its our guest bathroom, which is a must to get fixed before January. Its pretty pitiful, it doesn't have plumbing for a shower, the faucet is corroded, the bathtub needs a good scrubbing ( since its our paintbrush cleaning area), the toilet is a little temperamental and only the hot water works on the sink. Not to mention... the entire bathroom is UGLY!

Finally, nesting has set in with a vengeance. When I am away from my house, I think about all of the things I would rather be doing at the house to prepare for Harper. Then when I am there, I clean with a nervous energy. Slowly, our house is getting cleaned and organized. Last night was the first night I really didn't do much in a while and the entire time I was on the couch, exhausted, I was thinking about house projects.

0 comments:

 

The Little Bird Chronicles | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates