Well, if you haven't heard by now, we are having a baby girl!! She finally showed us on Thursday what she was. Gina, our favorite ultrasound tech out at Levelland, was kind enough to squeeze us in for a quick gender check on Thursday afternoon. Within about a minute of putting the thingy on my belly she smacked the keyboard and said "Oh goodness!". Then she typed "Girl" on the picture!
We were sort of hoping for a boy, but within 2 seconds of hearing girl we both got watery eyes and got excited! I think the root of wanting a boy was the fear that I feel about raising a girl. The drama and the hormones once they hit pre teen scares me to death. I decided that her daddy can deal with it when we get there.
I have been daydreaming about pink and purple room decorations for her and all of the cute outfits Im going to buy her. OH and the SHOES she will have!!!!!!!!!!
I also feel a huge responsibility to teach her all I know about guarding our hearts. Lord knows I made enough mistakes before I stumbled onto Justin. I guess nowadays with media and society placing so much value on shallow relationships all are bound to go through heartache. Babywise says that half of the battle in raising a child to be well balanced is giving them the confidence that their home will be a shelter and a safe place, because their parents love, respect and are committed to each other. We have our problems like all married couples, but I feel like we have good balance and pretty good communication.
I realize that all of the above don't make the complete shield that guards our hearts. Only a relationship with the One who loves our hearts more fiercely, jealously and unconditionally, can save us from he hopelessness that threatens when heartbreak comes. I'm learning that myself, and its a lesson I hope to love out for my daughter.
Onto not so heavy topics..
Her bedding is dark purple with pink, green and yellow accents with butterflies. Her room will have one dark purple wall with three minty/white walls. I have the colors ALL picked out!
We are close to having a name. We decided to keep it secret at least until we are 100% sure that is her name. We keep having people say " tell me, i promise i wont tell" so we tell them silly names like "Apple", "Apricot" or "Tallulah". Honestly, Justin and I want to get used to the name and enjoy it for ourselves before we tell the world. Naming a kid is a lot pressure!! She could be the next president, or a rock star, so she needs to have a good name. I think we found one that fits those qualifications!
Now that I know that "she" is a "she" I cant wait for January to be here so I can meet her and hold her! So many things change when you find out. She is a human now to me! I guess I also thought I would never make it this far into my pregnancy. It was a week by week case for me. Now i feel like I can look towards January with some hope and excitement!
Salutations Jennys 1117 nashville
3 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment