This weekend I had a chance to go spend a weekend in Fort Worth with my in laws, sans husband. I have never really had a chance to do this before. It was nice to really get to know each other and just hang out.
I completely forgot how the women in Justins family shop. I am the type to have a certain item in mind, get online and see where I can get the item and go there only. My mother in law and sister in law are POWER SHOPPERS. Meaning.... they wore me out! It was a BLAST!!!!!
We started out at Pickles and Ice Cream . This is an upscale maternity boutique with really helpful sales women. When I said power shoppers, it meant they went from rack to rack VERY quickly pulling off items and giving them to me saying "try this on" over and over and over. I just sort of followed behind and said Ok. It was pretty comical! It was tons of fun to parade all of the adorable outfits in front of them while they sat in comfy green chairs.
I ended up with jeans that REALLY fit well, a soft red sweater and a grey dress that is absolutely beautiful and maybe way to formal for work. I'm going to look this week for a belt that will dress it down a bit.
Next we made our way to the maternity department at JC Pennys. That was also a trip of me trailing behind, looking, but really just taking the clothes that were given to me. From Pennys I ended up with several undershirts (which I desperately needed), a hot pink bubble shirt, a brown cardigan, blue jean trouser pants and my FAVORITE purchase was a gift from my sister in law, Amanda, a purple bubble shirt with a gold collar and slit sleeves. It seriously looks like something you would wear to the club, but with room for a belly.
Getting a belly has been a fabulous excuse for a new wardrobe! I feel like my maternity wardrobe is way trendier than my regular wardrobe! Justin keeps saying " I dont want to hear " I need this or that, this shopping trip should have done it".... but really I need some leggings to go with all of the cute dresses I have bought, and Im thinking my boots may be to tall to comfortable support swollen ankles this fall. It might be a good excuse to "need" some lower healed boots.... :)
One of the other things we accomplished was picking out our cradle design. Scott, Justins step-dad, is a very experienced carpenter and has graciously agreed to make us a cradle. I picked a more modern glider design.
Saturday night we got to enjoy dinner out at one of my favorite Fort Worth restaurants, Lucilles. We enjoyed just chatting our way through dinner and slowly grazing on our yummy food. They have fried green tomatoes on their appetizer menu, so we HAD to get an order of those for the table.
All in all it was an excellent bonding experience. I feel like I had an opportunity to really get to know them better. I also go to spend some time with Amanda and Curtis (Justins sister and husband) and see their new house and meet their new retriever Abigail. It was hard to get in the car yesterday to make the 5 hour trip.
I did learn that this weekends trip was probably the last trip I could do on my own in the car. Sitting stationary for that long takes its toll on mama's hips and back!
Salutations Jennys 1117 nashville
3 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment